Monday, December 7, 2015

HANDWRITTEN CHRISTMAS LETTER


Here's the content of the letter:

December 16, 2004 

Dear Ellen, 

Christmas is the day when we give, share and recover what we have lost before. It is even nice to lighten our hearts by keeping only nice thoughts and nice feelings. 

Ellen, the gift I'm giving is very simple. But while shopping for it, it took me some time to find something that represents you. Until I found this. 

The white stuffed toy is you - pure in heart and in mind. The golden leaf is your dream. Leaves are green - meaning your dreams of good life. But it turns golden because you are so intent to achieve your goal. 

To reach your dreams requires tough heart. But remember, tough times never last but tough people do. 

May you always have a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!!!!


Love, 
Ma'am Bebot Alonzo 

:::::::::::::::

I received this letter along with a stuffed toy from Ma'am Ana Lisel "Bebot" Bandiola-Alonzo during our high school Christmas party because she was my "manita". She was a Teacher-In-Charge in the school when I was in fourth year high school and we live in the same barangay. 

I know for some it is just an ordinary letter for an ordinary high school girl, but for me, this letter is more valuable than material things and I appreciate how much effort Ma'am Alonzo put into writing this letter, because these days it's hard to receive a handwritten letter because of the new technology. Take note, I am very happy as well of the advanced technology because I was able to make a blog and share this letter with you. 

Also, I appreciate this handwritten letter because it is very personal and every time I read this letter I can feel her emotions and sincerity while she's writing this letter and I never thought I would receive a letter from a beautiful, wonderful, smart and very kind teacher I adored a lot in my high school days. I noticed her handwriting is beautiful, isn't it? 

I do love this quote from Ma'am Alonzo's letter: 


It's true and I really do believe in this quote. This was my first favorite inspirational quote during my high school days. It always reminds me to stay strong and positive in life, no matter what my problems are, especially when situations go against me, and to keep moving forward, no matter how hard it is. Life is very cruel and tough, but if I keep going, I know things will get better and I can achieve the best in life eventually. 


FEATURED POST

STOP BULLYING!

❝Bullying is repeated verbal, physical, social or psychological aggressive behavior by a person or group directed toward...

POPULAR POSTS